Frequently Asked Questions

Applications for the 2019/2020 school year are now being accepted. To enroll in Excel Academy, the following documents listed below must be submitted on the enrollment application. If you would like to enroll now, please go to the enrollment page

***Please Note: Starting the enrollment process does not guarantee that you will be placed right away on a TOR Roster. We encourage you to keep your child enrolled in their current school until you have official confirmation of assignment on a TOR Roster.***

More Questions?

Check out these helpful guides or contact a helpful admissions coordinator today! Excel Academy (949) 387-7822 or

Enrollment FAQ Sheet 

Concurrent Enrollment Information 

Instructional Funds FAQ

Testing FAQ’s

As a program of a California public school, Excel Academy must adhere to the same state testing requirements as all other public schools.

The frequency of required state testing varies by grade-level:

  •   CELDTCalifornia English Language Development Test 
      Grades K-12
    English Language Learners Only
    Dates vary in September/October
  •   CST  Science Assessment
      Grades 5, 8 and 10
    Dates Vary in April/May

Testing Resources:


SBAC practice tests are available to the public at

Practice tests and answer keys are available for grades 3 through 8 and grade 11 in both English language arts and math. The tests are accessed by clicking on the Student Interface Practice and Training Tests tab.  The answer keys are found by clicking on the Test Administrator Resources tab. You do not need to enter a specific password or login. The word “guest” will appear, so simply click login:

There are four major types of questions that your child may see: multiple choice, multiple response, short answer, and performance assessments. You are encouraged to explore and discuss the practice tests with your child.

Additional Resources

CAASPP Practice Tools for Students

  • Test Practice for Common Core (by the grade level) Barron’s Core Focus Workbook – Language Arts and Math combined
  • Critical Thinking Test Taking Practice for Math (by grade level)
  • Spectrum Test Prep – (Updated and revised for grade levels)
Physical Fitness – California

The Healthy Fitness Zone standards are available on the California Department of Education Physical Fitness Test FITNESSGRAM: Healthy Fitness Zone Charts Web page.

Free Test Prep Resources

College Test Prep

The College Board Code, also known as the CEEB code, is needed when taking the PSAT, SAT or AP tests. This allows the testing site and College Board to know which school the student attends. Please bring or remember your school’s College Board code when taking these tests.

California Pacific Charter School – 054470 (applicable for students in Imperial, Orange, Riverside, and San Diego Counties)
Community Collaborative Charter School- Excel- 050033 (applicable for students in Kern, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Ventura Counties)

Do you offer a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program?

Students must turn 5 between September 2-December 2. Kindergarten age-eligible students are allowed to choose TK if their 5th birthday is between June 1st-September 1st; however, they must sign the Kindergarten Continuance Form verifying that the parent/guardian agrees to have his/her child continue in kindergarten for one additional year. Students may not be promoted directly from TK to 1st grade.

For students with their 5th birthday after December 2nd, they must enter TK on or after their 5th birthday. If a student turns 5 after September 1st, entering kindergarten is not an option, they must enroll in TK.

To enroll in Kindergarten, students must turn 5 on or before September 1st.

What documents are required?

Excel is free to those who reside within our servicing counties.

What documents are required to enroll?
● Proof of Residency
● Birth Certificate
● Immunization Records
● Transcripts (High School only)
● Oral Health Report Form or waiver (TK, K and 1st Grade only)
● Health Exam Form/Waiver (TK, K and 1st Grade only)
● IEP or 504 documents (if applicable)

Translated documents are available upon request.

When can my child start Kindergarten?

A student must turn 5 years old on or before September 1st.

Can you guarantee enrollment?

No. Enrollment is based on a first come, first served basis, depending on the date a completed application is received and approved AND the space and availability we have of a ToR in your geographic area. A student is officially enrolled when the parent AND student have signed a Master Agreement with a ToR.

My student has an IEP, do you service Special Education students?

Yes. We have a Special Education program, and we provide a variety of services based on a student'sIEP. Students with IEPs cannot participate in independent study unless it is deemed an appropriate instructional placement. The CDE
provides explicit rules regarding the admission of students with IEPs into independent study:

A. Special education students may not participate in independent study unless it is specified as an instructional method in their individualized education program (IEP). EC Section 51745(c)

For more information, please see our Special Education page.

Must I include an original copy of my child’s birth certificate?

No, a copy of the original will be sufficient.

Where can I get a copy of my child’s immunization records?

You can obtain a copy of immunization records from your child’s physician. In most cases, they can email you a copy.

Where do I get the Report of Health Exam filled out?

You may take the form to your child’s physician or clinic. The physician will complete and sign the form for you. If you cannot make it to the doctor or choose to waive the exam, you may fill out the waiver portion of this form.

What do I need for proof of residency?

You must provide a current utility bill such as gas, electric or cable. Other acceptable forms of residency include a property tax bill or rental/lease agreement. All items must be dated withing 6 months of the current date.

I live with someone and none of the bills are in my name. How do I show Proof of Residency?

Email our Admissions Lead ( for the Shared Residency Affidavit. You can fill out this simple form and turn it in with a copy of the proof of residency from the residence you are residing at.

I registered online, now what?

Your application will be reviewed and verified by our Admissions Department. If there is anything missing or incomplete, you will receive an email explaining specifically what is needed. Once the application is verified and approved, you will
receive a Welcome Letter which will contain further information. Do not dis-enroll your child from their current school until you have received a Welcome Letter and start date from us. Submitting the application does not constitute automatic enrollment.

Oops! We couldn't find anything matching your query.