Student Learning Outcomes
Student Learning Outcomes are statements about what all students should know, understand and be able to do by the time they graduate. To meet the demands of the 21st century, Excel Academy graduates will be:
Creative and Complex Thinkers
- Propose, evaluate and use a variety of strategies, tools and skills to produce solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and analyze problems from multiple perspectives including real-world situations.
- Exhibit intellectual courage, advocate for their own learning, seek help when needed and persevere when challenged.
- Actively engage in a variety of topics through polite and respectful conversation.
- Exhibit articulate, effective and persuasive communication orally, visually and stylistically to a diverse range of audiences using a variety of methods.
- Engage in cooperative relationships with teachers and peers.
- Use technology in various forms to effectively communicate and demonstrate knowledge.
- Show respect for self and others and celebrate cultural diversity.
- Make positive contributions to the community (e.g. register to vote, care for environment, volunteer).
- Be prepared to meet the demands of college or career; demonstrating various skills in seeking employment and/or college admission.
Empowered and Independent Learners
- Be self-directed, self-disciplined, self-monitored and demonstrate self-corrective thinking.
- Be curious, inquisitive thinkers who are dedicated to lifelong learning.
- Plan and study effectively and efficiently using time management skills.
- Actively participate in the creation and pursuit of personal, academic and professional goals.