Excel Academy will provide a flexible, personalized learning experience where teachers and parents collaborate to provide academic excellence and social and emotional foundations to instill a love for learning in each individual student.
1. Sustainable Growth: Sustainable growth through strategic planning, marketing and optimizing resources in relationship to our budget.
2. Retention: Sustainably retaining students through high academic expectations, intervention, innovation and collaboration. Staff retentionthrough improvement and initiatives that increase oversight, accountability, professional development and support. Teamwork is incorporated to reinforce support for both in office and remote work environments.
3. Quality Programs: Offer innovative personalized programs that offer flexibility, leadership and independent learning. Develop and empower individual teams to deliver programs of integrity, accountability and compliance.
4. Parent & Student Service: Serving parents and students with integrity and respect to the highest possible standard developed through intuitive solutions understanding educational needs.
5. Collaborative Partnerships: Creating and facilitating partnerships within internal departments with community providers, other NCB schools, professional/membership associations, and current and new authorizing school districts.
6. Accountability and Compliance:.Maintain streamlined processes through defined direction of policies, procedures,deadlines, roles, responsibilities and accountability. Develop benchmark goals and identify implementation initiatives to improve CA state dashboard ratings in all areas.
7. Professional Development: Growing, enhancing and developing skills in our staff. Defining and demonstrating roles and responsibilities, identifying strengths and weaknesses. Providing methods of support including training and access to materials to enhance performance. Emphasizing how teamwork and using individual strengths contribute to success.
Life is what you create….at Excel Academy we bring students to LIFE through:
LEARNING: At Excel Academy students progress in knowledge, ability and social/emotional foundations. Curriculum and staff will provide a personalized learning plan inherent to the uniqueness of every student and learning situation. Excel Academy pursues a learning environment where every student will be challenged by, enjoy, and help direct their own education.
INDEPENDENCE: Excel Academy believes one of the key elements of an optimal education is to prepare each student for real-life complexities and independent learning. Excel Academy’s curriculum options not only align to California’s academic content standards but offer alternative and supplemental learning resources that place the student in a climate where curiosity and exploration are rewarded.
FLEXIBILITY: Flexible pacing enables each Excel Academy student, under the guidance of the teacher of record, to target individual needs without the demands of a classroom. By developing an awareness of their own unique learning style and advancement in their communication abilities, students and families will be enabled to discover their greatest areas of need and direct their efforts accordingly.
EMPOWERMENT: Excel Academy strives to empower students to take ownership of their education and develop not only the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities, but also the confidence, creativity, and discipline to help them adapt to challenges and opportunities.
Schoolwide LEARNING OUTCOMES
Student Learning Outcomes are statements about what all students should know, understand and be able to do by the time they graduate. To meet the demands of the 21st century, Excel Academy graduates will be:
Self-directed, Critical Thinkers who...
- Produce quality work through multiple modalities
- Organize and manage time efficiently
- Demonstrate competency in active listening, reading, speaking and writing
- Devise solutions in academic and real-world situations using higher-order thinking skills
- Exhibit in-depth knowledge across disciplines
- Reflect on and analyze learning experiences
Resourceful, Lifelong Learners who...
- Communicate effectively
- Utilize personalization and a growth mindset to pursue individual passions and interests
- Solve problems independently and collaboratively
- Create and pursue personal, academic, and professional goals
- Express ideas and information confidently and creatively
- Employ technology to complement their knowledge
Respectful, Responsible Citizens who...
- Demonstrate college and career readiness upon high school graduation
- Possess personal integrity and take responsibility for decisions and actions
- Model respect for diverse cultures
- Contribute as leaders within their community
- Display a commitment to service
- Develop a sense of personal accountability and dedication