Frequently Asked Questions

Applications for the 2020/21 school year are now being accepted. To enroll in Excel Academy, the following documents listed below must be submitted on the enrollment application. If you would like to enroll now, please go to the enrollment page

***Please Note: Starting the enrollment process does not guarantee that you will be placed right away on a TOR Roster. We encourage you to keep your child enrolled in their current school until you have official confirmation of assignment on a TOR Roster.***

More Questions?

Check out these helpful guides or contact a helpful admissions coordinator today! Excel Academy (949) 387-9676 or

Enrollment FAQ Sheet 

Concurrent Enrollment Information 

Instructional Funds FAQ

Do you offer a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program?

Students must turn 5 between September 2-December 2. Kindergarten age-eligible students are allowed to choose TK if their 5th birthday is between June 1st-September 1st; however, they must sign the Kindergarten Continuance Form verifying that the parent/guardian agrees to have his/her child continue in kindergarten for one additional year. Students may not be promoted directly from TK to 1st grade.

For students with their 5th birthday after December 2nd, they must enter TK on or after their 5th birthday. If a student turns 5 after September 1st, entering kindergarten is not an option, they must enroll in TK.

To enroll in Kindergarten, students must turn 5 on or before September 1st.

What documents are required?

Excel is free to those who reside within our servicing counties.

What documents are required to enroll?
● Proof of Residency
● Birth Certificate
● Immunization Records
● Transcripts (High School only)
● Oral Health Report Form or waiver (TK, K and 1st Grade only)
● Health Exam Form/Waiver (TK, K and 1st Grade only)

Translated documents are available upon request.

When can my child start Kindergarten?

A student must turn 5 years old on or before September 1st.

Can you guarantee enrollment?

No. Enrollment is based on a first come, first served basis, depending on the date a completed application is received and approved AND the space and availability we have of a ToR in your geographic area. A student is officially enrolled when the parent AND student have signed a Master Agreement with a ToR.

My student has an IEP, do you service Special Education students?

Yes. We have a Special Education program, and we provide a variety of services based on a student'sIEP. Students with IEPs cannot participate in independent study unless it is deemed an appropriate instructional placement. The CDE
provides explicit rules regarding the admission of students with IEPs into independent study:

A. Special education students may not participate in independent study unless it is specified as an instructional method in their individualized education program (IEP). EC Section 51745(c)

For more information, please see our Special Education page.

Must I include an original copy of my child’s birth certificate?

No, a copy of the original will be sufficient.

Where can I get a copy of my child’s immunization records?

You can obtain a copy of immunization records from your child’s physician. In most cases, they can email you a copy.

Where do I get the Report of Health Exam filled out?

You may take the form to your child’s physician or clinic. The physician will complete and sign the form for you. If you cannot make it to the doctor or choose to waive the exam, you may fill out the waiver portion of this form.

What do I need for proof of residency?

You must provide a current utility bill such as gas, electric or cable. Other acceptable forms of residency include a property tax bill or rental/lease agreement. All items must be dated withing 6 months of the current date.

I live with someone and none of the bills are in my name. How do I show Proof of Residency?

Email our Admissions Lead ( for the Shared Residency Affidavit. You can fill out this simple form and turn it in with a copy of the proof of residency from the residence you are residing at.

I registered online, now what?

Your application will be reviewed and verified by our Admissions Department. If there is anything missing or incomplete, you will receive an email explaining specifically what is needed. Once the application is verified and approved, you will
receive a Welcome Letter which will contain further information. Do not dis-enroll your child from their current school until you have received a Welcome Letter and start date from us. Submitting the application does not constitute automatic enrollment.

Oops! We couldn't find anything matching your query.