SLOs stands for Student Learning Outcomes. They are statements about what all students should know, understand, and be able to do by the time they graduate.
To meet the demands of the 21st century, Excel Academy graduates will be:
Creative and Complex Thinkers
- Students will propose, evaluate, and use a variety of strategies, tools, and skills to produce solutions.
- Students demonstrate the ability to recognize and analyze problems from multiple perspectives including real-world situations.
- Students exhibit intellectual courage by advocating for their own learning, seeking help when needed, and persevering when challenged.
- Students are able to actively engage in a variety of topics through polite and respectful conversation.
- Students exhibit articulate, effective, and persuasive communication orally, visually, and in writing to a diverse range of audiences using a variety of methods.
- Students will engage in cooperative relationships with teachers and peers.
- Students use technology in various forms to effectively communicate and demonstrate knowledge.
- Students show respect for self and others and celebrate cultural diversity.
- Students will make positive contributions to their community (e.g. register to vote, care for environment, volunteer).
- Students are prepared to meet the demands of college or career; demonstrating various skills in seeking employment and/or college admission.
Empowered and Independent Learners
- Students are self-directed, self-disciplined, self-monitored, and demonstrate self-corrective thinking.
- Students are curious, inquisitive thinkers, dedicated to life-long learning.
- Students plan and study effectively and efficiently using time management skills.
- Students actively participate in the creation and pursuit of personal, academic, and professional goals.
A downloadable pdf version of Excel Academy’s SLO’s can be found through this link.