President’s Day Activities
This weekend for Presidents’ Day, we have a great chance to remember some of our amazing presidents and what they did for our country. We can use it as a great teaching opportunity with our kids! Here are a few fun activities that are a great way to celebrate Presidents’ Day with your homeschoolers!
To help your children learn about President Lincoln and President Washington while also having fun, check out this FREE printable Presidents’ Day Mini Unit! It has great activities in writing, reading, math, and other games for K-6th graders!
A fun craft, using few materials, is this cute toilet paper roll craft of Abe George. It’s fun for children of all ages!
What you’ll need:
- 2 toilet paper rolls
- Paint (black, white, blue, tan)
- Black construction paper
- “Googly” eyes
- Cotton balls
- Paint toilet paper rolls (one black, one blue)
- Cut out circle and rectangle from black construction paper, glue into a hat for Abe
- Paint faces onto the rolls
- Paint shirts with white paint
- Pull apart cotton balls to make George’s hair
- Glue on “googly” eyes
- Draw on mouths
- Glue on hat and hair
Feel free to follow these steps or let your kiddos be creative!
Have fun! Happy Presidents’ Day!